A rare 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Convertible topped the list of cars sold during the Mecum St. Charles Auction, Sept. 16-19, 2010, at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Ill.
“We are very proud of the success of our St. Charles auction, which boasted more cars and higher sales than last year’s event and drew an enthusiastic crowd to bid on these high-quality vehicles,” said President Dana Mecum. “From the top-selling triple Black GTO Judge to a 1968 Chevrolet pickup owned by Jordanaires musician Ray Walker – who rubbed elbows with such celebrities as Elvis Presley, Don Gibson and Chuck Howard – there were numerous vehicles for car lovers to enjoy.”
The Top 10 St. Charles Auction Sales (all sales figures reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Convertible (Lot F245) at $220,000
2. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S82) at $220,000
3. 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (Lot S125) at $102,000
4. 1969 Plymouth Road Runner 2-Door Hardtop (Lot S105) at $96,000
5. 1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible (Lot S72) at $90,000
6. 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Coupe (Lot S118) at $87,000
7. 2002 Ferrari Modena 360 (Lot T227) at $86,000
8. 1987 Buick Grand National GNX 142 (Lot S123) at $80,000
9. 1964 Chevrolet Malibu Custom (Lot S119) at $76,000
10. 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S193) at $74,000
Complete results are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Results Page.
Up next for Mecum is the Warner Collection Vintage Boat Auction – a special event featuring more than 100 wooden boats up for sale at no reserve on Oct. 16, 2010, in Winsted, Minn., near Minneapolis.